On Tuesday 18th the Seniors welcomed the Seniors Team from Sleaford Golf Club to play the match over the Brownlow course. Following an overnight frost the match began in dry but bitterly cold conditions with a wind that can only be described as ‘lazy’ but mercifully the day remained dry and bright.
All of the players from both teams remarked on the superb condition of the course and congratulated the green keeping team on their tremendous work.
The Halfway House was manned by Derek Little & Dave Dobney; the highlight of the refreshments were the array of ‘Petit Fours’ produced by Dave’s wife Cynthia (Dave did try to claim they were all his work).
Many of the games proved to be tight affairs with 3 of the games being decided on the final green but with the home advantage proving significant the Belton team ran out winners 5 games to 3.
1. Graham Secker & Peter Long won 1 up
2. Alan Addis & George Crowford lost 5 & 3
3. Mike Collins & John Thompson lost 2 down
4. Frank Overton & Trevor Collis won 3 & 2
5. Dave Martin & Colin Farrington won 1 up
6. Ken Mail & Keith Brown lost 2 down
7. Steve White & Tony Noble won 5 & 3
8. Tim Stubbs & Dave Langley won 4 & 3
A busy time for the Seniors with Stableford # 5 (qualifier) on Tuesday 25th with the 1st draw taking place at 07:45. The following day sees the Seniors team travelling to Newark for our away fixture and then the Geoff Timson Trophy is contested by Senior Section Past Captains on Friday 28th April.