On Saturday 12th December 128 players defied the atrocious weather conditions to compete in one of Belton Park Golf Club’s most anticipated completions’ of the year, with the years beneficiary being The St Barnabas Hospice in Grantham.
The Colin Elstone Bottle Charity AM-AM has been held for more than 30 years but unfortunately due to the large amount of rain that fell on Saturday morning making parts of the course unplayable, the decision was made to reduce the completion to a 9 hole event rather than the full 18 with half the field playing 1-9 and the other half 10-18.
Results for holes 1-9 were:
- P Jackson, S Stuart, N Maltby and A Marshall 35 pts on count back
- J Hose, D Chambers, S Railton and N Bristow 35 pts
- P Screen, M Kelby, A Davis and N Strutt 35 pts
Results for holes 10-18 were:
- G Scott, S Glenn, R Claxton and A MacGowan 37 pts on count back
- C Gray, T Ireland, K Oswin, and M Whittaker 37 pts
- N Gibson Snr, D Short, P Barson, E Bone 36 pts
Nearest the pin on the 4th John Kirkup, and on the 17th Trevor Ireland.
The Ladies Christmas Charity competition was held on the 6th December and raised £240 which was added to the amount raised by the men’s competition which gave a grand total of £1895. A cheque was presented on the day to Mark Dingley who was representing his wife who in turn works for the St Barnabas Hospice by the newly installed Club Captains Paul Screen and Shelia Mason.