FINAL CAPTAIN’S BLOG 2015
This is my last time of writing during my year as Captain of this wonderful golf club. I must say what an honour and a privilege it has been to be Captain, especially this year as it is the 125 Year Anniversary of our founding.
I can only say how much I have enjoyed the position and must thank all the committee and members for your support and encouragement throughout the year.
I have been fortunate to experience many memorable moments during the year.
- I was very proud to support our junior’s team of Tom Cooper (Captain), Harry Glenn and Ollie Mitchell when they represented us and the county in the National Junior Club Championship at Frilford Heath GC, Oxfordshire. They did us and the county proud by finishing 11th out of 33 clubs. Well done boys.
- Your support for my Captain’s Day was fantastic with 160 men and 40 ladies playing. I was even amazed that I managed to hit my Captain’s Drive Off 118 yards, using a 6 iron, with the amount of barracking I was getting. Your generosity on the day contributed £1,200 to my Charities Fund, thank you.
- The support you gave for our 125 Anniversary events, namely the Am-Am and the Dinner was brilliant and some have suggested we hold a similar golf event next year.
- May I also thank all those members who supported my Away Day to Stanton on the Wolds GC, I hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did.
- The Captains Ball in September was another memorable night.
- I must also congratulate our 1st team, Captained by Nigel Harris on winning the LUGC South 1st Team 1st division league title once again.
- Many thanks also go to Caroline Glenn for organizing an amazing “Pamper” night which added £2,200 to my Charities Fund.
I would like to thank Paul Screen our Vice Captain for his support throughout the year and wish him an enjoyable and successful year in 2016.
Also, may I thank Joy Stepney our Lady Captain for her support this year and compliment her a very successful year.
Finally, I would like to thank again all the members of this wonderful golf club for giving me the honour and privilege of being your Captain.