April 2015 Course Report
I think the greens are the best they have been going into the start of the new golfing season, the rest of the course is starting to take shape and with this warm weather the ground temperature will rise and the grass will start to grow, we are all set for another great season at Belton Park Golf Club.
Greens mowers are now set at 4 mm and the greens are rolling well.
The alterations at the back of the 21st green and tee are looking good and we hope you agree that this has made a big improvement to the hole.
We are hand raking the bunkers Monday to Friday now that we are working our summer hours.
The bunkers and turf on the 15th are now in play and the 3rd and 12th should be in play over the next few weeks when the turf has had a little more time to knit in
The rough will be needing its first cut in the next couple of weeks, so if there are any areas that stand out that we get complaints about we need to identify these sooner rather than later.
As we all know we still need to sort out the 14th pond (maintenance week in September would be a good time for a contractor to do this) In the meantime and if time permits we will be trying to clear some of the leaf debris from the sides.
WORK CARRIED OUT OVER THE WINTER
• RE-BUILT 6 GREEN SIDE BUNKERS
• TURFED WORN OUT AREAS AROUND BUNKERS.
• RE-SANDED BUNKERS.
• VERTI-DRAINED GREENS, APRONS, TEE AND PATHS.
• SERVICED AND SHARPEDED MOWERS AND OTHER EQUIPMENT.
• REPAIRED BADGER AND OTHER ANIMAL DAMAGE.
• CUT LOGS FOR CLUBHOUSE.
• BRUSHED AND BLOWN TEES AND FAIRWAYS.
• UPGRADED AND IMPROVED IRRIGATION SYSTEM.
• RE-COMMISIONED IRRIGTION FOR THE COMING SEASON.
• COLLECTED TONS OF LEAVES.
• GENERAL COURSE TIDY UP (ONGOING)
• SPRAYED ROUND-UP ON PATHS.
• RE-GRAVELED PATHS
• DIVOTED FAIRWAYS AND TEES.
• TOPED UP BUNKERS.
• FERTILISED GREENS, TEE’S, FAIRWAYS AND APRONS.
• CLEANED AND CREOSOTED TEE STEPS
• RENEWED POSTS OVER BRIDGES.
• RE-STAINED BENCHES