It has been a good start to the growing season after all the rain we have had in the winter months. The course is starting to look very good and well defined, divots are starting to grow out which is always a good sign.
We are all set of anther great season at Belton Park Golf Club.
Greens are now being cut at 3.75mm.
The new bunkers on the 2nd, 6th and 11th are now in play.
The rear of the 24th green has been seeded twice, we will continue to attempt to get it back in play as soon possible.
The rough will soon be needing its first cut (in the next couple of weeks) so if there are any areas that need cutting back we need to be aware so as to not leave it too late.
Work carried out over the last few months
- FERTIZED GREENS, TEES, FAIRWAYS,PATHS AND SURROUNDS
- V-CUT GREENS 1mm/2mm AND AT 3mm BELOW
- SCARIFIED GREENS 7mm BELOW
- RE-SANDED ALL BUNKERS
- MOWERS HAVE BEEN SHARPENED
- REPAIRED BADGER DAMAGE
- LOGS FOR CLUBHOUSE
- GRAVELED PATHS
- FLOWER BASKETS FOR CLUBHOUSE PLANTED UP
- IRRGATED AND RE-LAYED FRONT LAWNS
- SPRAYED ROUND-UP AROUND TREES
- RECOMMISIONED IRRIGATION
Work to be carried out over the next few months
- MAINTAIN THE COURSE TO HIGH STANDARD AT ALL TIMES
- SPRAY ROUND-UP ON PATHS
- GENERAL SUMMER COURSE MAINTENANCE
L. A. Carratt